NEW: Virtual Walk 4 Hope
June 6-20, 2020
From June 6th – 20th, 2020, we will be hosting our first-time VIRTUAL FUNDRAISING WALK.
Despite canceling our annual fundraising event due to the pandemic, we decided to partner with our satellite Centre in Barrhead to choose Hope and embrace the changes that resulted from COVID-19. We want to share this message with all our amazing supporters and with everyone in our communities by walking together using technology.
Why Participate in this Virtual Event?
For many, COVID-19 had brought a sense of uncertainty to our world. With this event, we want to raise awareness of the fact that our clients are also experiencing uncertainty and crisis. By participating in this event YOU CAN make a difference in their lives. Many people in our communities do not know:
- 6 in 10 teens who have had sex, wish they had waited.
- Over 1/3 of all pregnancies are unintended and close to 1 in 4 of these are terminated.
- 1 in 3 Canadian women will have had an abortion by age 45 (l in 4 within the Church community).
With every step YOU take in the Walk4Hope Virtual Fundraising you will be joining hundreds of others in funding the needed programs and services that they need today, more than ever.
If you are ready to start participating:
- Save the Date: June 6th, 2020, at 11:00 am we will be streaming the start of the event at Rundle Park, via Facebook Live.
- Sign up: This year our walk is virtual, so you will need to sign up virtually either as individuals or as a team. We will be posting resources to help you with each step. Visit Walk4Hope Website or search: #pccwalk4hope2020.
- Not a Fan of Facebook/Instagram? Do not worry, we have you covered: if you do not want to try the virtual walk because that is not your thing, but you still want to support us and share with family and friends using paper pledges, please contact us. Share with us your address and we will mail you your pledge sheet(s) or we can set up a time for curb pick up.
- Pick up your challenges: You can choose a distance challenge, a physical strength challenge or a creativity challenge. You can do one or all of them.
- Hashtag your posts and stories: on Instagram @barrheadpcc and @pregcareedmonton. On Facebook @pccedmonton and @barrheadpcc.
- Stay tuned for the wrap up: On June 20th at 11:00 am we will be streaming the finish of the event at Rundle Park, via Facebook Live. Gifts and prizes will be announced, do not miss the fun!
If you prefer to call us, please contact us at 780-424-2624 for more information.